Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken Rolls

4 cups chicken meat (cooked and chopped)
4 oz. package of soft cream cheese
2 pkgs. of refrigerated crescent rolls (Pillsbury-reduced fat or one recipe of homemade baking powder biscuits and cut into triangles)
Butter-flavored spray or use a food sprayer (pamperd chef or other kitchen supply store) filled with olive oil
1 cup bread crumbs

Directions:
Combine cooked chicken and cream cheese. Unroll the crescent rolls and lay them out on the counter.
Place about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture at large end of roll. Fold the ends in and roll up like a burrito, making sure to seal the ends. Spray a baking sheet and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray the rolls with butter spray and roll in bread crumbs. Place on sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Quick... easy... kids can help and they love them.

TRIED IT:
AT gave it an 8, out of 10, and the kids both liked them. Minor Substitutions: I made my own bread crumbs, because I'm too cheap to buy them, so I added a few various spices inside, because I assume the flavor is supposed to come from the bread crumbs. What I would do differently next time: I would probably add some grated Parmesan Cheese inside, and probably more cream cheese, I'm not sure if the amount is off, because the typical package comes as 8oz, and I added more than the recipe called for, and still it could have used just a touch more if you want them a little bit gooey inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment